For those who are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award rules here they are :
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. And finally… Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
11 random facts about me:
1- What made you start blogging the very FIRST time?
I was encouraged to start a blog by my oldest son and my fiance’ in the Winter/Spring of 2012. According to them, I have a way with words! So, I read books on writing (Bird by Bird by Annie Lamott and On Writing by Stephen King), attended a writing symposium for an evening at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida (hosted by authors Dennis Lehane and Andre Dubus III) and read lots of memoirs. And with the help of my oldest son’s girlfriend, created my blog last August!
2- If you had to go to a deserted island for 3 months, what 5 things would you not be able to live without? Books, paper and pen (I count them as 1 thing!), strong coffee, my sons and my fiance’.
3- What size shoes do you wear? 7.5
4- Do you believe in true love and why? Yes but only when you are happy with yourself first and understand who you are. True love is not the stuff of Lifetime movies. In my experience, I found that it brings me a strong sense of peace and simmering joy. The person you are with understands you on a profound and deep level- your essence.
5- How old should a person really be permitted to drive and explain why? Eighteen! Having two sons get their license at 16 and 17 and seeing how much better they are 3-4 years later makes me think that 18 is just about right. Executive function and the fusing of the pre-frontal lobe in the brain usually occur in boys between the ages of 18-20.
6- What is your favorite meal of the day? I have no favorite actually! I like all 3 meals for various reasons. I am mindful of what I eat (even when it comes to dessert!) so I enjoy every bite of anything that arrives in my bowl or on my plate!
7- If you could control the weather, what would you choose? A day much like today. 77 degrees F. Dry and Sunny with the bluest of blue skies. I mean you cannot believe how brilliant it is out there!
8- If you could eliminate one thing evil in this world, what would that be? All forms of violence, abuse, oppression, suppression and repression towards women. When women are held down, disrespected, or not allowed to have a voice, everyone is held back from moving towards the fullest expression of themselves and towards being a gcontributing citizen of the world.
9- We have animal protection, child protection, should we start having laws protecting elderly persons? Absolutely! We treat our elders as if they are waiting to die rather than a person who has lived a life and deserves dignity and the utmost respect.
10- Have you ever had a speeding ticket and when was that? Never! A warning once but never a ticket.
11- What did you want to be when you were in Grade school? I was too busy playing to even think about it!
Eleven Facts About Myself:
1) I love to run and have been involved in the sport at various levels since I was 11 (that is 41 years with some time off in my 20’s).
2) I love yoga almost as much as running. My mat is always out and I attend hot yoga classes regularly.
3) I love being outside-hiking, mowing, shoveling snow, running, walking-any reason to get out every day.
4) I love good food and I love to eat.
5) I love a good strong cup of coffee in the morning when I wake up.
6) I speak my mind. For years, I forgot how to do that and now I do it all the time!
7) I love being a mom to my twenty-something sons. They turned out to great men thanks to me!
8) I love to write and read. I think the only time I didn’t read a book was when I was giving birth to my sons!
9) I love the beach-no matter what season.
10) I love spending time with my girlfriends.
11) I love training for and running in half-marathons with my fiance’.
Many of the blogs I follow have more than 200 subscribers or have already been awarded a Liebster. So after careful consideration, I am nominating the following wonderful writers:
1) Heidi Barnes at: http://www.anauthorandhermuse.com/: Gifted writer. A joy to read. Check out her books.
2) Annie at ANNIE’S MUSE Love her poetry and her point of view.
3) Charlene whose words really rock! at Brighterdays Blog
4) The lovely and powerful Pink Woods
5) Amazing, suspenseful flash fiction from: Amanda’s Writing
6) Photography, flash fiction, poetry and a newly published book from: Artifacts and Fictions
7) I truly admire Maria’s creative versatility and her love of the outdoors. Check her out @ xxculture
Here are your questions (with 1 or 2 from the ones posed to me)
1) What is one place in the world that you would like to visit?
2) What is your favorite word?
3) What is your least favorite word?
4) If you were to meet someone famous (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
5) What book have you read lately that you would recommend?
6) When was the first time you fell in love?
7) What is your dream job?
8) What job would you least like to do?
9) If you could eliminate one thing evil in this world, what would that be?
10) If you had to go to a deserted island for 3 months, what 5 things would you not be able to live without?
11) What is your favorite time of day and why?