Nominated by the lovely poetress Annie @ http://anniesmuse.wordpress.com/
After writing and posting my 169th piece, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself nominated for the Sunshine Award! We sure could use some up here in the month of February!
So, onto the process: Write 10 facts about yourself and nominate 10 others as well.
1) I love to read and carry at least two books with me in my car daily. You never know if you’ll break down. Reading is a great thing to do while waiting for AAA!
2) I love running and have participated in the sport since I was 11. Took a break for a bit in my 20’s and love it even more in my 50’s.
3) I love yoga almost as much as running. My yoga mat is near my desk ready for use at all times. I go to a hot yoga studio weekly and am now into my 36th straight day of doing yoga with a goal for a full 365 for this year.
4) I also enjoy strength training but find it hard to do when my basement is 48 degrees. Plus, I spend a lot of time shoveling snow in the winter.
5) The ocean soothes my soul and it is in these long winter days that I miss it the most.
6) I make sure to see the sunrise and sunset everyday no matter where I am. The only obstacle is usually cloud cover!
7) I love getting my hair done. For years when I was married and the mother of young children, I kept my hair very short and got cheap haircuts. That ceased about 8 years ago when a good friend of mine paid for my haircut with her hairdresser. She spent the year convincing me to grow my hair and Voila’!
8) I am grateful to be in a healthy relationship with a wonderful man.
9) My two grown sons have turned into two good men. Very little fine tuning needed!
10) No matter what life has brought to my door, I have no regrets about the choices I have made-they helped to make me a stronger person.
And the nominees are:
1) http://dorothychiotti.com/ Consistently strong writing spoken with passion from the heart.
2) http://pinkwoods.wordpress.com/ This girl can write about pain so beautifully and with true honesty.
3) http://talichaj.com/ I love her spoken word poetry!
4) http://phylor.wordpress.com/ This writer blows me away every time!
5) http://jenniesaia.wordpress.com/ Jennie’s passionate opinions and energy ring true. I look forward to her posts all the time.
6) http://markschutter.com/ What can I say? I just love Mark. His appreciation for his life shows in all his posts and his art.
7) http://graypoet.wordpress.com/ A man with a gift for rhyme and more.
Well, I just have 7 because some of the ones I love no longer accept awards or have already been nominated for Sunshine! Quality writers here nonetheless!
One thought on “Sunshine Award”
Pingback: The Sunshine Award | Phylor's Blog